With the pain, shock and confusion that often follow a car accident, knowing what to do isn't always easy. At Goldberg Sager & Associates, we strive to provide car accident victims with knowledgeable guidance at every turn.
Every case is different. Below are tips on what you should do, in general, after a car accident:
- Seek medical attention: Your first concern after an accident must be your health. No matter how minor your injuries appear to be, seek medical attention immediately. Seeing a doctor is important not only for your health, but also for your legal case.
- Collect information from the other driver: If possible, you should take down the name, phone number, physical address, license plate number and insurance information of the driver responsible for the accident. This information is invaluable should you wish to file a lawsuit.
- Collect police officer information: If police are called to the scene of the accident, you should gather their names, badge or ID numbers, and phone numbers. In addition, make sure you obtain a copy of the police report or the police report number.
- Take photos: You can use your phone, mobile device or tablet to take photos of the accident. Be sure to snap shots of your car, the other driver's car and any other factors that may have contributed to the collision.
- Contact a car accident lawyer: If you suffered injury in a collision and would like to take legal action against the party who caused your car accident, contact an experienced lawyer immediately. A skilled attorney can offer you a free consultation to assess the strength of your case and determine if damages are worth pursuing.
What If An Uninsured Motorist Injured Me?
It is important to remember that not every driver is insured. But if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, you may still be able to collect the compensation you need to rebuild your life. For more information, seek assistance from an attorney you trust.
Contact Us Today
Goldberg Sager & Associates is dedicated to helping car accident victims obtain just compensation. To speak with one of our highly qualified car accident attorneys or to schedule a free consultation, contact us today.