Recovering Just Compensation For Your Injuries
Slip-and-fall accidents resulting in injury happen quickly; they can cause pain and suffering that affect daily life for a long time afterward. Such accidents can occur on a slippery store floor, a broken, cracked or raised sidewalk or an unmarked pothole in the street. They may result from a store owner's failure to maintain the premises, a building owner's neglect or a municipality's (such as a city or village's) action or inaction.
At Goldberg Sager & Associates in Brooklyn, our experienced slip-and-fall accident lawyers offer compassionate legal representation and responsive service to personal injury victims. We are available to come to your home or hospital room to discuss your potential premises liability case.
Types Of Premises Liability Cases
If you have suffered a slip-and-fall injury and believe someone else's negligence was to blame, you have the right to file a lawsuit. Below are examples of accident circumstances Goldberg Sager & Associates commonly handles:
- Ice: Property owners have a responsibility to make sure their property is free of hazards. Falls on ice-covered steps can cause head and back injuries and even death. Seek the help of an experienced attorney if someone you love was injured or passed away because of negligence.
- Poorly lit stairwells: Property owners must keep their premises illuminated so guests and tenants do not slip and fall down.
- Faulty handrails and stairs: Handrails and stairs can become loose and wear down over time. If they are not repaired, they can cause a serious accident. If you sustain any type of injury because of a broken handrail or crumbling steps, talk to us about building a case so you can obtain fair compensation.
- Food spills: Typically occurring in restaurants and grocery stores, food spills create slick surfaces that can lead to severe injury.
- Uneven sidewalks: If a sidewalk is not properly constructed or if it degrades, cracks or becomes uneven over time, a treacherous lip can form between the concrete slabs and cause a fall.
In these kinds of accident cases, we pursue a property owner's liability or file a notice of claim with the city, depending on the circumstances of the case. We first try to settle your case, but if it merits going to trial, you can trust that your case is in good hands. Karen Goldberg Sager has recovered millions of dollars for her personal injury clients.
Experienced And Reliable | Contact Us Today
A serious accident can affect anyone, young or old. If you need legal help to obtain damages in a slip-and-fall accident case, Goldberg Sager & Associates is ready to stand by your side. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.