Unwavering Brooklyn Trucking Accident Attorneys
Representing the victims of truck collisions in New York
In a collision between a truck and a car, occupants of the car are often at greatest risk of catastrophic injury or death. If you have been involved in an accident with a truck, you should have an attorney who will work diligently to get you the care and coverage you deserve after your truck injury. It is critical that you act quickly — before any evidence disappears and before you talk with the insurance companies.
At Goldberg Sager & Associates in Brooklyn, we advocate on your behalf every step of the way, handling insurance issues, medical care and billing and fighting for the maximum recovery you deserve. Our team of trucking accident lawyers can outline your legal options. We handle all truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, taking payment only after we have reached a settlement or verdict for you.
Lawyers in Brooklyn can uncover the cause of your accident
A truck accident may be the result of a negligent or fatigued driver or one who drove an out-of-class vehicle or took turns at excessive speed. Common causes of truck accidents are:
- Bad weather conditions — Rain, sleet and snow can quickly make highways treacherous for large trucks due to their size, weight, and power.
- Overloaded or unbalanced trucks — When trucks are overloaded or loaded unevenly, they are more likely to be involved in jackknifes or rollover crashes.
- Lack of proper maintenance — Trucking companies are required to conduct regular inspection and maintenance of their vehicles, the lack of which can lead to accidents.
- Driver fatigue — Federal and state regulations cap the amount of time drivers can spend on-duty without rest breaks. However, drivers faced with tough delivery schedules may exceed these limits, forfeited sleep and perhaps relying on chemical stimulants.
Our Brooklyn auto accident attorneys work diligently to determine the causes of trucking accidents in order to evaluate potential liability. We investigate the crash scene and examine all evidence, including drivers’ logs, truck maintenance and repair records and possible mechanical failures. Where road conditions may have contributed to the accident, we also check the records of the government agencies responsible for those streets or highways.
How are truck accidents different from other auto accidents?
Truck accidents are often much more severe than other auto accidents. Reasons for this include:
- Trucks weigh much more than other vehicles — Smaller passenger vehicles are no match for large trucks when it comes to weight, putting occupants of smaller vehicles at greater risk.
- Trucks take longer to come to a full stop — Due to the heavy weight of trucks, they often cannot stop effectively, even if a driver is able to spot stalled traffic or dangerous conditions in advance.
- Large trucks have limited sight lines — It is harder for truck drivers to see all around them due to their shape and size, as well as the driver’s vantage point and the limitations of rear-view mirrors.
For these reasons, collisions involving trucks can be catastrophic, especially for occupants of smaller vehicles involved. If you’ve been injured in such an accident, a skilled personal injury can decide how these factors contributed to the seriousness of the resulting injuries.
Fighting to help you get compensation
You may be entitled to reimbursement for past and future medical bills and treatment lost wages, and property damage. For serious injuries, you may also be eligible for compensation for noneconomic damages like pain and suffering. We will negotiate with the insurance companies and advocate for the maximum recovery you are due. While we do our best to save you the time and expense of a trial, our lawyers are equally skilled in litigation and ready to pursue your case in court if necessary.
Experienced advocacy for truck accident victims
A compassionate, experienced truck accident attorney at Goldberg Sager & Associates is here to give you a free consultation. Contact us online or call us at 718-514-9516 today to discuss your case.