Proven Brooklyn Lawyers Assist Victims of Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence
NYC firm protecting the elderly from institutional harm
Nursing homes exist to provide a safe environment for seniors and others who are unable to care for themselves. Residents count on facilities to protect them, and their families deserve peace of mind when placing their trust in nursing home management. Sadly, we’ve seen that many care providers fail to live up to their legal and moral responsibilities, resulting in serious injuries and even death. For more than 25 years, Goldberg Sager & Associates has advocated for New York victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. From our office in Brooklyn, we pursue full compensation so that our clients can obtain a measure of justice and liable parties can be held accountable.
Compassionate advocates take on negligent long-term care facilities
Elder abuse and nursing home neglect are serious problems. Attorney Karen Goldberg Sager gives clients sound advice and aggressive advocacy when facilities and their workers:
- Neglect to deliver prompt, effective treatment — Ignoring a nursing home resident or their needs can result in serious harm. Whether the particular incident stems from a fall from bed, a failure to recognize symptoms of an illness or some other type of negligence, our personal injury attorneys work to show how defendants violated professional standards.
- Refuse to provide needed medication or equipment — Though many may not have thought about it previously, we’ve seen that medical supply shortages can kill. Care facilities that don’t have the proper medication or equipment on hand or refuse to give residents the resources they need pose a serious threat.
- Fail to control contagious illness — Proper hygiene practices are essential in nursing homes and other facilities. When a contagious illness spreads, the risk is enhanced for elderly people and those with other medical conditions that compromise their immune systems. Moreover, efforts to stop the spread of disease could trigger other negligence-related problems if facilities aren’t prepared to deal with an emergent crisis.
Staff members in nursing homes are sometimes inadequately or incorrectly trained. We have the skill and experience to pinpoint the reasons why victims suffered injuries or other types of harm. In every case, our lawyers and dedicated staff offer clients prompt, responsive, cost-effective service.
New York litigators represent victims of physical, emotional and sexual abuse
With a track record of achieving strong results for clients in matters involving medical malpractice and other types of harm caused by negligence, our firm handles nursing home cases arising from:
- Physical abuse — Broken bones, bruises, malnutrition, dehydration and other evidence potentially pointing to physical abuse should never be ignored. We aggressively seek compensation when nursing home residents are struck, handled carelessly or deprived of the food, water or medicine that they need.
- Emotional and psychological abuse — Long-term care facilities and the people who work for them have an enormous influence over their residents’ lives. Accordingly, they must take every reasonable step possible to promote their emotional and psychological well-being. If you or someone you love has been victimized by emotional neglect, abusive speech, cruel treatment or some other type of misbehavior, we’ll outline your legal options.
- Sexual abuse — Sexual assaults of vulnerable nursing home residents demand swift action not just against the perpetrators, but against those who enabled the abuse through poor training and supervision.
Whether your specific claim relates to mistreatment from a nurse, aide, orderly, visitor or fellow resident, our firm offers comprehensive legal support in pursuit of an appropriate verdict or settlement.
Contact a dedicated New York City nursing home abuse lawyer for a free consultation
Goldberg Sager & Associates in Brooklyn represents victims of nursing home abuse and neglect throughout the New York City area. To speak with an experienced elder abuse attorney or to schedule a free consultation, contact us online or call 718-514-9516.