Brooklyn Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Provide Aggressive Representation to Victims
New York attorneys fight to maximize compensation for devastating injuries
A spinal cord injury can have a devastating impact on your life. If you suffer such harm as a result of an accident in New York City and neighboring counties, a Brooklyn spinal cord injury attorney at Goldberg Sager & Associates can fight for your right to collect compensation for your injuries from anyone whose negligence may be responsible.
What is a spinal cord injury?
The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that connects the brain to nerves in various parts of your body. A spinal cord injury, therefore, will often impair or block nerve signals that are essential to the proper functioning of body parts. A spinal cord injury is classified by the location where it occurred, which may be one of the following:
- Lumbar (lower back), which can affect the hips and legs
- Thoracic (behind the chest), which can affect the abdomen
- Cervical (neck), which can affect the arms and upper body
Spinal cord injuries can have various symptoms, depending on their severity and location. These may include:
- Paralysis or other loss of movement
- Spasms and exaggerated reflexes
- Pain or tingling
- Respiratory difficulties
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Sexual dysfunction
Our attorneys are experienced in recognizing spinal cord injury symptoms and helping our clients obtain proper diagnoses.
Leading causes of spinal cord injuries
Spinal cord injuries may result from traffic accidents, construction accidents, slip and fall accidents and other sources of trauma. An injury is often caused by falling on one’s back, being pushed back against something or being struck in the back by an object. The extent of the injury can depend on forcefulness of the fall or blow or on whether you’re predisposed to that type of injury. If someone else’s negligence contributed to causing your injury, we will tenaciously represent you in a suit for your damages.
How can a spinal cord injury attorney help?
Spinal cord injury cases are complex and require careful analysis and presentation. As your attorneys, you can count on us to:
- Give you reliable legal advice
- Investigate the case, both before and after filing the lawsuit
- Hire the experts needed to prove liability
- Negotiate beneficial settlements
- Litigate your case by presenting evidence in your favor and disputing defense evidence
- Prove the extent of your injuries and their effects on your life and finances
We will do everything we can to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Filing a spinal cord injury lawsuit
New York has a three-year statute of limitations, which means you have that long to file a lawsuit after your injury. At your initial consultation, we will ask you questions about the accident, your injuries and how they are affecting you. We will then obtain medical records and other evidence pertaining to the accident and your injuries. We use this evidence to prepare a complaint, which we will file in a timely manner.
Damages available to spinal cord injuries victim
Spinal cord injuries can cost an overwhelming amount of money to treat. They can also have a devastating effect on your health and ability to earn a living. The damages recoverable in a lawsuit may include compensation for the following:
- Bills for medical treatment, in-home aid and other nursing care, physical therapy, rehabilitation and medical devices
- Necessary modifications to your home and vehicle
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
We will gather evidence supporting all damages to which you’re entitled and will work vigorously to recover them.
Call a determined Brooklyn spinal cord injury attorney
Goldberg Sager & Associates represents victims of spinal cord injuries in New York City and the surrounding counties. Please contact us online or call us at 718-514-9516 to schedule a free initial consultation.